What we do
The Ennis Education Foundation supports the mission of education in Ennis ISD by providing grant opportunities to teachers and teams of teachers who demonstrate innovative teaching practices in the classroom.
What You Need to Know About Grants
Individual teachers, teams of teachers, or campuses that are a part of Ennis ISD are eligible to apply for a grant from the Ennis ISD Education Foundation. Three levels of grant awards have been established. Individual teachers may apply for up to $2000. Teams of teachers may apply for up to $5000, and campuses may apply for up to $10,000.
All proposals must directly involve the instruction of students and must offer an innovative and creative approach to student achievement. Grant funds may not replace normal funding from tax-based sources. Requesting alternate funding for an existing project or program is inappropriate. The proposal must include clearly stated objectives, detailed instructional procedures, and measurable evaluation procedures.
Guidelines for Grant Application
The project is appropriate if you can answer yes to the following questions.
- Will the project improve student learning?
- Is the project instructional to students?
- Does the project challenge students and stimulate thought?
- Are the objectives clear?
- Can the objectives be measured?
- Is the project within the scope of the approved curriculum?
- Can the project be done?
The Grant Evaluation Rubric is included as a part of this application package. The applicant is encouraged to utilize the information contained within Rubric in writing his/her grant. Please note that emphasis is placed upon the Potential Impact for students and teachers. The goal of the Foundation is toÂ enhance the learning process and promote character development and academic skills.
Applications will be reviewed by the Ennis ISD Education Foundation Board of Directors using the included rubric. All proposals will be subject to number-coded, blind review. The Foundation Board of Directors will make the final decision regarding grant approval. The number of grants funded and the amount of funding are directly dependent upon the amount of funds available.
Notification of Award
Application deadline is Friday, December 14th, 2019. All applicants will be notified of grant approval by February 28th, 2019. Grant funds will be available immediately and must be expended by June 15th, 2019. Unexpended grant funds revert to the Foundation. All programs and supplies purchased with grant funds are the property of Ennis ISD.
Responsibilities of Grant Recipients
- Use the award for the purpose intended.
- Inform parents about student opportunities made possible by the Foundation grant.
- Provide updated information to the Foundation, when requested.
- Complete an evaluation form furnished by the Foundation within 18 months after being awarded the grant.
- Agree to share successful procedures in staff development sessions.
- Provide a thank you letter that can be displayed and used by the Foundation to show to current and future donors.
- Document the full implementation of the project including pictures, samples, and even video that can be used by the Foundation for promotion purposes.
- Notify the Ennis ISD Education Foundation if you are leaving the District. The Foundation reserves the right to rescind the grant under these circumstances. In cases where an individual teacher transfers to another grade level or campus, the grant funded will remain at the original grade level or campus.
- All grant equipment and materials are the property of Ennis ISD.
Items Not Funded
- The Foundation does not fund the following items.
- Typical grade level field trips
- Facility improvements